Amanda Gommo, a woman from Bristol, had an unexpected and unpleasant experience with her beloved Chihuahua, Belle. Amanda was taking an afternoon nap when her dog became ill and had diarrhea. Unfortunately, Belle had an accident on Amanda’s face while she was asleep. Amanda rushed to the bathroom to clean herself up, but it was too late. She became ill and was admitted to the hospital with a gastrointestinal infection that she had contracted from her pet. Her daughter took Belle to the vet, where the dog was diagnosed with a stomach bug and put on antibiotics. However, Amanda’s condition worsened.

Featured Image Credit: SWNS
Featured Image Credit: SWNS

A woman was hospitalized after her dog accidentally poops in her mouth

After 48 hours, Amanda’s cramps had spread throughout her body. Her mother called 999, prompting an ambulance dispatch to diarrhea. The doctors diagnosed Amanda with a gastrointestinal infection that had been passed through Belle’s feces into her mouth days earlier. She was hospitalized for three days and put on a drip to be rehydrated with the electrolytes and glucose that she had lost throughout the ordeal.

According to Amanda, she could not eat anything during that period. And the cramps worsened with time, spreading to her legs. The doctors found that she was severely dehydrated from being sick and having diarrhea. And her kidneys had shriveled to half their size. The diagnosis indicated that Amanda had suffered a gastrointestinal infection caused by a dog defecating in her mouth. This was something that doctors had never witnessed before.

Get the latest Chihuahua Buzz

Subscribe to our newsletter and be the first to read Chihuahua heartwarming stories, expert tips, and cute images of these lovely pups.

Amanda stated that she had been drinking two Lucozades a day, plenty of tea, and loads of water since the incident occurred. She has forgiven Belle for her little accident and is happy that both she and her pet have recovered. However, she is now more mindful of what position they sleep in.

In conclusion

The incident serves as a reminder that pets can carry bacteria and viruses that can be harmful to humans. And pet owners must maintain good hygiene practices when handling them. While this is a rare occurrence, it is essential to take precautionary measures when taking care of pets to prevent the spread of infections.

The story has gained widespread attention due to its bizarre nature. The incident has sparked conversations about the potential risks of close contact with pets, particularly when they are ill, and highlights the need for proper hygiene measures when handling them.

In conclusion, Amanda Gommo’s experience with her Chihuahua, Belle, demonstrates that pets can carry harmful bacteria and viruses that can be transmitted to humans. It is crucial for pet owners to maintain good hygiene practices when handling their pets, especially when they are unwell, to avoid the spread of infections. While rare, this incident serves as a reminder of the potential risks of close contact with pets.

You May Also Like

Surprising Things Chihuahuas Love and Fill Them with Joy

The Chihuahua is the puppy youll forever love, as they’re very affectionate…

Tiny Chihuahua Goes Viral After Surviving Death Sentence

Brie, a Chihuahua, is rescue from a puppy farm. There, she was…

10 Things You Didn’t Know About the Deer Head Chihuahua

When it comes to unique breeds of dogs with standout characteristics, the…

Nailing Chihuahua Care: Your 10 Responsible Steps To-Do List

Let’s dive into the art of providing top-notch Chihuahua care with 10…