For Rose Van Bakel, a resident of Melbourne’s east, the death of her Chihuahua Bambi on January 2nd was a distressing shock.
Residents of the small town were left shocked and heartbroken upon hearing that a beloved Chihuahua belonging to a local woman had been poisoned. The incident occurred last week when Ms. Bakel returned home from work to find her cherished pet in distress.
Despite rushing the Chihuahua to the veterinarian, it was too late to save her. The veterinarian confirmed that the pup had been deliberately poisoned with a toxic substance.
Ms. Bakel is understandably devastated by the loss of her beloved companion. She is urging anyone with information about the incident to come forward.
The Case of Chihuahua Baiting
The community has rallied around the pup’s memory, with many offering condolences and support.
The investigation into the incident is ongoing, and authorities urge anyone with information to come forward. In the meantime, the Chihuahua’s passing is a tragic reminder of the importance of vigilance. We must protect our beloved pets from harm.
The heartbroken dog owner is now warning others to be alert after a suspected case of dog baiting in the area.
Ms Van Bakel told ABC Radio Melbourne’s Ali Moore she believes Bambi consumed a poisonous substance before succumbing to a series of deadly seizures. When will this Chihuahua baiting end?
Source: ABC News