Chihuahuas are undoubtedly great companions. However, training your dog to blend in with the environment is essential. Untrained pets can turn out to be a menace, and as in the case of 51-year-old Amanda Gommo from Bristol, England, it was life-threatening. The woman was defecated by her pet chihuahua, which led to her being hospitalized for three days.
As bizarre as it may sound, the incident occurred when Amanda took an afternoon nap with her mouth open. At the same time, she was asleep with her pet chihuahua Belle. Who was unwell and pooped all over her face, some of which got inside her mouth. According to a report by The Daily Star, she immediately woke up with an awful feeling as she felt something squirt in her mouth. She rushed to the shower instantaneously, but her son was having a bath, so it took her some time to wash her face.
Calling the taste disgusting, Amanda said she could not get it out of her mouth and was hurling vigorously for hours. However, the situation worsened after she showed the same symptoms as her ill chihuahua. She said the cramps were unbearable, the dehydration was excruciating, and her kidneys shrunk due to acute diarrhea.
Get the latest Chihuahua Buzz
Once hospitalized, she was diagnosed with a gastrointestinal infection that passed through Belle’s feces into her mouth. Amanda was admitted to the hospital for three days, and medics rehydrated her with electrolytes and glucose.
The woman said that she still loves her chihuahua and has forgiven her. However, Amanda jokingly added that she would be a lot more careful about their sleeping position in the future.